Tuesday 10 February 2015

After the interview process

So the basic story is, I saw an advert on facebook, offering the chance to become a video game designer. Obviously, being a gamer, this sounded like pure heaven. I filled out an online form and waited. Waited so long (9 months) to hear back that I had completely forgot about ever filling out the form. Anyways, I got a call out of the blue from the Train2Game team asking for some info and was I still interested. I told them a little about why I wanted to be in the games industry and was offered an interview, in which they would send someone to me for this.
I had said interview and it lasted about 2 hours. Which at the time, the interviewer said that he had a 'good feeling' about me and I was perfect. He also said he doesnt normally spend 2 hours around someones house. (This I have found to be untrue, the process takes 2 hours with each individual). Anyway, he said he'd go away and think about the decision and arranged a second interview to let me know the outcome. A couple of days later, we had the second interview and he offered me a place.
Now, where it all turns a little funny for people is, this 2nd interview. Its a little tense and I have researched the internet high and wide to gather peoples views and opinions on the matter and they all said the same things. Once your signed up you get onto the matter of the fees. They apparently have to get funding for you which is a 10 minute phone call, even with poor credit they'll go ahead. I have appalling credit and theyve allowed me to join up. The thing is though, you have to pay a fee either in cash there and then, or a card payment. Theres no mention of this before or during ANY of the process, from the initial form filling, the phone call, the first interview, nothing. No where does it state this. I had to pony up £50 cash which luckily I had on me, which was meant to be for a game. Other people have paid £100, it depends on the company that agrees to fund you. They'll pay most of it and you pay the difference less of what they pay.
Once its all done your given a case filled with booklets and DVD's and if your anything like everyone else that got accepted you'll be excited as hell and can't wait to get started. There is however a stumbling block. You need your login details which take 10-14 days. If you havent heard from them within that time scale your meant to get in touch.
Now. It was only after the 2nd interview did I start questioning some things. It occured to me that this was done via FACEBOOK, which lets be honest is filled with 90% bull shhhh, and the other 10% is lies. These people could be anyone and I've just handed over £50! I decided to investigate...

No comments:

Post a Comment