Sunday 22 February 2015

So, whats been going on?

Its been a few days since I last wrote the blog about train to game. Theres a lot of questionable debates over the legitimacy of train2game, and this is why I started to do this blog, just so there was some honest and reliable information on the web, because its few and far between.
So anyway, so far, I've been given a LOT of tutor help, which means there is someone there all the time willing to answer any concerns you have, or any help you require, I've received full programs with serial keys to unlock a personal licence for a program worth around £70, and all the tuition that is downloadable. It seems 100% legit to me, but that isn't going to stop me as previously mentioned, things can change, but for now, its legit. I don't really see it changing to be honest.
There are many many other students that are available to talk to that all have their own little problems when doing the courses, they get stuck and blog and post in forums asking for advice, and they have been going on into the latter stages of the courses, and they seem quite content, and have no claims of any wrong doing.

Now, what 'i've been doing is being taught how to build a game from scratch, and I'm pleased to report I have now made 2 full working games.  A little UFO in space that collided with asteroids, and a 2D side scrolling platformer. I received some lesson files to incorporate with the text lesson, and was given a step by step on how to create the games. I've also sat 2 small exams and passed both, 1 at 90% and the other at 100% so I can honestly say, the rep that came to interview me knew what he was talking about as I went into this wanting to be an artist, he said he saw me as a designer, and I have to say, the course is right up my street.,

I have to say, even though the interview, mainly the second one, is a little tense and off putting, I think that may be down to the fact that you WILL have to part with some cash on the day or a bank transfer, and its all a little informal to be honest, but I think thats because of the monumental fees involved. I am yet to find anything that isn't true from what the rep said in the interview.
So in short, try to relax, and not worry about how awful the atmosphere was when the rep was there, or any awful after taste feelings you may have.
Its also a little off putting that you can't get into any of the train2games website without actually being a student, leaving many to question what it is they are hiding. The short answer to that is nothing. To further answer that though is because if it was open to the public, nobody would pay. The courses would be open and free for anyone to download and go through. Think of it as being a part of an exclusive club. Universities don't have their lessons online for anyone to just go and read through and download and complete, its no different here really and why should it be? You have to pay for uni, you have to pay for this, you unfortunately have to pay for tuition in most walks of life. Even certain college courses now cost money.
If any of you though have any questions from anything you feel I haven't covered, I'll be more than happy to answer them for you, and try and help you calm any feelings or nervousness you may have about the whole process.
So until next time internetters :D

No comments:

Post a Comment