Tuesday 10 February 2015

The investigation

So, the investigation began. I checked on google for train2game to see if it was a scam or if it was a legitimate company. To my horror I found ALOT of people talking about a company called career finance 4 trade skills ltd. Under this name is where all the trouble started. People complaining to the BBC watchdog about them. If you look at dates though, you can see the majority of them are from a few years ago and this was when train2game was just starting out and didn't really know what they were doing by all accounts. Then I found another blog that was someone doing an investigation, but they went quiet after they received their login details from train to game, which actually lead me into doing this blog. I decided people needed to research and find some good solid conclusions. Thats not to say this other blogger didn't because they were extremely helpful in what they posted and allowed me to gather some facts. Anything could have happened to them. They could have forgot, or had a family, changed their online persona, anything...
Anyway, the representative of train2game who interviewed me made some sensational claims, like they offer city and guilds and a equivalent to a diploma which was recognized by 'TIGA' (The independent games association). He also said that they have a partner ship with Microsoft and they have famous and biggest names in games designing, one of which was peter molyneux. (you know that dude who brought us fable, and promised us Milo?) well, him.
I decided to check out the Microsoft representative that they claim they work with, doing a 'game jam'. I cant for the life of me remember the representatives name, however, it turned out to be legitimate. By now I was starting to feel a little better about the situation. It turns out as well, that the game jam they did was widely covered by the media, more notably the BBC. The very same BBC that watchdog is associated with.
Now what I believe has happened in the past for these claims of 'scam' have come from is from train2games early days where they didn't really know what they were doing. I have checked city and guilds, trading standards, and they are actually legitimate.
I received my own login details yesterday, and all of what the representative had said was true, it was just executed badly. They are salesmen though, they're selling you a course, which is pretty expensive, £35 a week, however, you do get 7 or 8 programs and serial keys which gives you the full program. You also get 24 hour tutor support and access to alot of content. I will come back and blog once I have explored a little further and keep you all updated to see if it continues to be as they say it is :)

No comments:

Post a Comment